We are all crazy about the flipfonts, and since I won’t be able to get to all of your requests, I decided to make a tutorial on how to create an apk of your favorite font.
I downloaded a video app for the computer because I think it is easier to understand it all when you see someone doing it It is the first time I use one of these video apps, and I don’t have a video editing program in this computer, so I am sorry for the low quality of my tutorial videos You will also find lots of videos because they needed to be short in order to work :-/
Anything you see in Hot Pink is a link, so click on it to go to the place where you can download each item needed
PaulDiddy, from XDA, made and AMAZING tutorial, which is the one I follow
Here is the link to his thread, and the tutorial is on post #2. You will also find LOTS of flipfonts there!!!
WHAT YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD TO GET STARTED
1. The Monoglyceride font and apk file that PaulDiddy attached to bottom of the second post of his thread
3. High Logic Font Creator (download the free version, BUT unfortunately, you need to pay to use all the features we need) or FontForge (this is completely free, and it has great reviews. I just haven’t used it yet :-/)
4. APK Multi Tool
5. The latest version of Java
6. 7Zip (or your favorite unarchiving program. I prefer 7zip because you can open absolutely everything with it, including apks).
7. The font you want to use in your phone, in a ttf format.
SETTING UP YOUR PC
1. Install Notepad++, High Logic Font Creator or FontForge, Java, and 7Zip.
You need to click on each program after downloading it in order to install it. This step will not appear in the video below because I already have these programs installed in my computer.
I suggest that you put the APK Multi-Tool file, the Monoglyceride file, and the font you downloaded on your desktop.
2. Open 7Zip, look for your desktop, and look for the APK Multi-Tool file. Click on it, and extract the folder inside it.
3. While still on 7Zip, look for the font file you downloaded. Click on it, and extract the ttf file inside it.
4. Still on 7Zip, look for the Monoglyceride file you downloaded from XDA, and extract the 2 files inside it.
Once you have extracted everything, you can delete the three original compressed files you downloaded, and just keep the extracted files (I do this to avoid clutter ).
GETTING THE FONT READY FOR THE APK
1. Open High Logic Font Creator or FontForge
2. Open the Monoglyceride ttf font file
3. Open your ttf font file
4. On the bottom right corner you will see the number of characters that the font you chose has. Make a note of that.
5. Go back to the monoglyceride font and select all the characters. Delete them.
6. Go to the insert menu and select glyphs.
7. Type the number of characters that your font has (the number you took a note of earlier). Click ok.
8. Go to your font and select all the characters. Copy them.
9. Go back to the Monoglyceride font and in the Edit menu select Paste Special. Make sure all the options are selected and the Add Mappings at the bottom is selected as well.
10. You can now close your font.
11. Save the modified Monoglyceride font with the name of your font. I added a number at the end of the name because I saved it in the same place I had the original font, the desktop. Once I delete the original font, I will remove the number at the end of the name.
GETTING APK MULTI-TOOL READY TO CREATE THE APK AND DECOMPILING THE MONOGLYCERIDE APK
1. Open the APK Multi-Tool folder you extracted earlier
2. Click on the Setup file
3. We need to run option 3 to set up the directories, so type the number 3 and click enter
4. Once it has created the directories, it will prompt you to click enter again. When you are back to the menu, close the window.
You can now see all the new directories in your APK Multi-Tool folder.
5. Open the “place-apk-here-for-modding” folder and place inside it the “com.monotype.android.font.monoglyceride.apk” that we extracted earlier from the monoglyceride file we downloaded from XDA
6. Go back to the directories inside your APK Multi-Tool folder and click on the Script file
7. Type option 24 to select your project and click enter. Then type the number of the monoglyceride apk. If you don’t have any other apks, then the number of the monoglyceride apk will be 1. Click enter
8. Type option 9 to decompile the monoglyceride apk. Click enter. When it is done decompiling, close the script window
9. Open the Projects folder, and you will find the decompiled folder of the monoglyceride apk.
CREATING THE NEW FONT’S APK
1. Open the decompiled monoglyceride folder, which is inside the projects folder in the APK Multi-Tool folder
2. Open the assets folder, and then the fonts folder
3. Delete the monoglyceride ttf file inside, and insert your font’s ttf file, the one we modified in High Logic Font Creator or FontForge. Copy the name of your font because you will need it later on
4. Go back and open the XML folder. Change the name of the file inside it from Monoglyceride to the name of your font
NOTE: MAKE SURE THE NAME OF YOUR FONT DOES NOT HAVE ANY SPACES OR SYMBOLS!!! IT SHOULD BE ONE WORD, LIKE “BEAUTIFULRUINS”.
5. Right click on the file you just renamed, and select to open it with Notepad++
6. Change all the “Monoglyceride” words to the name of your font. Save it when you are done and close it
7. Go back to the list of items and folders in the decompiled monoglyceride apk.
8. Open the res folder
9. Open the values folder. Right click on the strings file and select to open it with Notepad++
10. Change all the “monoglyceride” to the name of your font. Save and close it
11. Go back and open the drawable folder. This step is not mandatory, but if you want to change the font’s icons, you can do so here. Choose the image you want to use, name it “icon”, and replace the one inside the drawable folder. Make sure your image is around the same size as the original one
12. Go back to the list of items and folders in the decompiled monoglyceride apk.
13. Open the Smali folder and keep on opening the folders until you reach one called “Monoglyceride”. Change the name of that folder to the name of your font
14. Open the folder you just renamed, and then right click on each file inside it and open them with NotePad++. Change all the “monoglyceride” inside them to the name of your font
15. When you are done, go back to the list of items and folders in the decompiled monoglyceride apk.
16. Right click on the Android Manifest and open it with Notepad++
17. Change all the “monoglyceride” for your font’s name. Save and close
18. Right click on the apktool.yml file and open it with Notepad++
19. Change all the ”monoglyceride” for your font’s name. Save and close
20. Go back to the APK Multi-Tool directories list
21. Open the Script file
22. Type option 24 to select your project
23. Type your project’s number (in this case #1)
24. Type option 12 to compile the apk
25. Type option 2 to create an unsigned apk
26. Type option 13 to sign the apk
27. Close the script window when it is done signing
28. Open the “place-apk-here-for-modding” folder and you will find the signed apk file. The name will start with the word “signed” Pull it to your desktop. You can now close the APK Multi-Tool folder.
29. The name of your apk will look like this: signedcom.monotype.android.font.monoglyceride.apk. Delete the “signed” at the beginning, and change the “monoglyceride” to the name of your font.
YOU ARE DONE!!! Now you can email yourself the font you just created and install it in your phone